eMatrix Sublative skin resurfacing is an FDA-cleared treatment that gently resurfaces the skin over 3 to 5 treatments.
- Sublative Rejuvenation is clinically proven to treat fine lines and wrinkles, acne scarring, stretch marks, scars and textural irregularities caused by excessive sun exposure.
- Only 48 hours or less of mild downtime – patients can usually return to regular activities following treatment.
- Unlike other non-aggressive cosmetic treatments such as Botox, fillers, or chemical peels, Sublative Rejuvenation works from the inside out by stimulating cell regrowth.
- Results with Sublative Rejuvenation last longer and can be further enhanced with yearly maintenance treatments.
- Typical treatment protocol is 3 treatments, 4 – 6 weeks apart. The total number of required treatment sessions depends on the skin condition of the patient.
The secret to eMatrix / Sublative Rejuvenation is the “Radio Frequency” energy used and how that energy is delivered. During treatment, intense heat is generated under the surface of the skin without disrupting the skin’s surface in the process; (downtime is approximately 48 hours with mild roughness remaining for 3 to 5 days—make-up can be applied after the first 48 hours). eMatrix stimulates collagen and elastin production in the deep layers of the skin resulting in a tighter, smoother, more refined and brighter appearance to areas treated. Results continue over 3-5 months after the final treatment and can be maintained annually.
- You should not have Sublative Rejuvenation if you are pregnant.
- You have been on Accutane within the past 6 months.
- Patients with pacemakers, internal defibrillators, or metal implants in the area of concern should not have these treatments.
- Patients who have diabetes, autoimmune disease, history of cold sores or have had injectable fillers in the area to be treated (need to wait one month after fillers) should let us know prior to having Sublative Rejuvenation.
- The procedure is uncomfortable, although this is minimized by the topical anesthetic that is put on the skin prior to the treatment for 30 minutes.
After the treatment
- Most patients have redness and swelling for a few hours to 3 days after the treatment (occasionally it can last longer). You may apply make-up to the treated area immediately after the Sublative rejuvenation procedure.
- Tiny crusts develop and are present for about 5-10 days, but these are easy to camouflage with makeup or even without it after the first one to two days.
- Results will develop over time and with subsequent treatments. Full results can be appreciated at three to six months following the last treatment. Maintenance treatments may be necessary.
- Treated area should not have any contact with water for 48 hours after the treatment.
- Patient should use high factor sunscreen (30 SPF) and protect the treated area from sunlight for at least 4 weeks after the treatment. Tanning after treatment may cause hyperpigmentation.